POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Licensing : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Licensing
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 30 Nov 2006 09:18:33
Message: <456ee839$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht

> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
>> I think it's really picking a level that we feel won't deter potential
>> contributors but that also won't stop the community from modifying and
>> redistributing contributions, particularly back through this collection.
>
> This thread has got the least attention from the others.  My guess is that
> people either don't mind copyrights or mind too much to even consider
> sharing their works under suspiciously named licenses with lots of boredom
> legalese...

There might be another reason, and that is that it is not really easy for
non-native speakers to fully appreciate the ins and outs of the legal
language in English. It is already hard enough in one's own idiom. I am
pretty sure that a lot of people here are deeply interested, but (like me)
they got lost pretty fast, and 'scarred' to go further. It is good to have
some people able to sort through this, and personally I deeply appreciate
your efforts, but I feel too that I am not really able to contribute
something really except by mumbling voicelessly :-)
Keep up the good work!! I think it is very important for many of us (silent)
onlookers!!

Thomas