POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Howto manually calculate color values having filter and transient : Re: Howto manually calculate color values having filter and transient Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Howto manually calculate color values having filter and transient
From: Slime
Date: 30 Nov 2006 00:55:49
Message: <456e7265$1@news.povray.org>
I believe the word is "transmit."

To my knowledge, the math applied to get a result color is:

filtered color = (front color) * (background color) * [FILTER] + (front
color) * (1 - [FILTER])
final color = (background color) * [TRANSMIT] + (filtered color) * (1 -
[TRANSMIT])

I'm not positive about the filter stuff, but I'm pretty sure about the
transmit stuff. The math applies even when filter or transmit are outside
the range [0,1].

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]