POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Organisation : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Nov 2006 18:01:12
Message: <456b6e38$1@news.povray.org>
Chris B wrote:
> script on the server. I'd also quite like some categorisation for the
> reasons I've stated in response to Darren's post, but if I'm alone in this
> I'll drop it.

When I did this sort of thing, I allowed "keywords" and "topics".
"Topics" were chosen from a list the administrators created, while
"keywords" could be anything. Since you could get a list of both, it was
expected that you'd pick keywords others had used if they fit.
(Otherwise, people would have trouble guessing your keywords, and your
stuff wouldn't get found.)

It worked out OK.

Since I was doing this sort of thing 12 years ago via pure CGI without a
database, I can't imagine it's particularly difficult to do now if you
have *any* sort of scripting capabilities available on the server.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans,