POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cropping or cutting output : Re: cropping or cutting output Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cropping or cutting output
From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 27 Nov 2006 08:01:24
Message: <456ae1a4$1@news.povray.org>
> 1) Set your camera type to "orthographic".

> 2) Narrow your camera's angle to a very small angle (2 degrees).

> 3) Use a graphics editor like "The Gimp" to crop your images.

Hi Randall,

Thanks for those solutions, I'll take a look.

I think I'll finally go with 3), using Gimp or
Imagemagick, as I fear I also have other
tasks on the images anyway.

I wanted to create icons for applications, so
I used background {rgbt <0,0,0,1>}, but as
I now wanted a reflection of the object on
a shiny floor, that alone won't help. I need to
cut out the icon and it's reflection, as the shiny
floor should later be the applications form
background, no matter what color that is,
don't want to render for each application form
color.

I'm now creating an image without the floor
to get the icon itself with the correct alphachannel,
then one image with the a shiny white floor, of
which I then need only the reflection part and
use the brightness as alphachannel (as I
want a transition to the applications form color,
I can use the brightness as alpha channel).

A bit complicated, but I had no better idea.

Maybe a floor with color rgbt <0,0,0,1>?
Wonder if that would have a reflection, if
I don't set the interior, but would nevertheless
itself be transparent??!

You can define some nasty surrealistic
materials with pov, that may come in handy.

Bye, Olaf.