POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : xml-file converting to Povray? : Re: xml-file converting to Povray? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: xml-file converting to Povray?
From: Warp
Date: 24 Nov 2006 10:25:51
Message: <45670efe@news.povray.org>
Kitty <kit### [at] microsoftcom> wrote:
> I have a xml-file describing some buildings in 3D and I wanted to ask if
> there exist a possibility to convert or to import this file into Povray. I
> would like to render this xml-file with Povray. Is this possible, is there a
> software able to convert xml-files to Povray? Or what other thing could I
> do?

  That's a bit like saying that you have an excel file or a mysql database
describing 3D buildings and you would want a software which converts the
data into pov format.

  Neither excel, mysql or xml are formats specific to representing 3D data.
They are more generic formats than that. They are simply formats to describe
non-specified data. Saying "3D data in XML" says nothing. You may equally
well say "3D data in ascii" and it would be exactly as useful.

  In other words, with the info you gave it's impossible to tell.

  Is the file format a popular 3D data format? If it is, then it would be
called something else than "xml" (even if it obeys the xml standard). That
would be much more helpful. If it's just some random xml file containing
some 3D data, not standardized anywhere, then I doubt any software would
exist that converts it to pov format.

--
                                                          - Warp