POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : BIG Newsgroup Spam Problem : Re: BIG Newsgroup Spam Problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BIG Newsgroup Spam Problem
From: Verm
Date: 20 Nov 2006 08:32:56
Message: <4561ae88@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I am getting each month more than 1,000 (!) spam e-mails since I am posting
> here! Not only caused by this website, but among other newsgroups websites I
> am participating. But most alter the e-mail address of a participant to
> something e-mail search engines cannot identify anymore as e-mail address.

I don't think it's caused by posts to this newsgroup, I've never had any
spam to the account I use for these groups. My email isn't obfuscated
but it is a specific address for this group. No I don't have a spam
filter as I don't yet get spam (this is not a request btw :-) ).

(ok I don't post that often but I'd expect a spam bot to harvest *all*
the addresses)