POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another Short Code Competition question: re 'distinctly different' : Re: Another Short Code Competition question: re 'distinctly different' Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another Short Code Competition question: re 'distinctly different'
From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 20 Nov 2006 06:54:31
Message: <45619777$1@news.povray.org>
> There are no limitations placed on how you use your multiple entries.

You have defined: "each entry must be distinctly different."
Well, distinctly different really doesn't need to be interpreted
stronger than simply different.

If you take a look at results of Round 3 you can see entries,
which might not be called "distinctly different".

> Having said that, I doubt if your fellow judges will view slight
> variations
> on a theme with great interest ... but I may be wrong.

That should be enough motivation. Do not bore the judges...

> Hmmm I suddenly realise someone may choose to tell a short story with
> their
> 4 entries.

Yes, that may even go against that rule but nevertheless be interesting.

Bye, Olaf.