POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta test displaying problem : Re: Beta test displaying problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta test displaying problem
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 18 Nov 2006 07:15:05
Message: <455ef949$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the report (but please, don't forget to mention WHICH beta
you are using, i.e. here one of the *Linux* beta).

> I have display problems
> in about 1 in 10 runs.

	Indeed we also faced this display problem in the early development of
the Linux beta.  For some reason we didn't see it appear later on, but if you
face it once in a while, that might be the reason.

> PS: this may have something to do with scaling? The rendered image is
> size 1024x768, while the povray-window is smaller. Still, there is something
> wrong if it doesn't work all the time.

	 I also think it might not be due to scaling, otherwise I'd expect this
problem to show up more constantly.  Instead, I suppose the problem has to do
with the SDL library that we currently are using to manage the display.  We'll
see what can be done.  (At some point in the future we will implement a plain
X11 display as was available in the former POV-Ray 3.x series.)

	- NC