POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short Coe Competition rules question : Short Coe Competition rules question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Short Coe Competition rules question
From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 16 Nov 2006 04:57:38
Message: <455c3612$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Paul Bourke,

maybe I better start a new thread with this question,
would be fair to other contestants:

Would you accept a command line option like +KFF50, if
we accomodate the POV file length accordingly?
Eg to 250 bytes, as '+KFF50' is 6 bytes?

Except of having a determined ini file, that will be used
in your renderings, I don't see a rule forbidding (additional)
command line options.

I'd say this is a case of  "If you have any special requirements
please let me know." and not a case of "A valid entry will
consist of a *single* text file..."

I don't really want to render an animation, but I'd like to use a
rendered image as input for the next render and thereby render
a series of pictures.

Or is there a way to set Final_Frame within the pov scene code
anyway?

I'm very dependant on that option: If I eg use +KFF9 as command
line option, I must use clock*8 in the scene file code to compute the
number of the previously rendered image rather than using
frame_number-1, as that is too long. The code does fail, if there
is no animation loop. So submitting the POV scene file without
the allowance of such an option would be useless.

Bye, Olaf.