POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray standard include files : Re: povray standard include files Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray standard include files
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Nov 2006 11:45:20
Message: <4559f2a0$1@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> Well the first issue is that we need to get a written release of permission,
> plus if the work is based on another work, that needs permission, etc etc ...

I was thinking, when I saw the short-code contest announcement, that it
would be cool to see a "texture" contest. One submits a texture, be it
wood, stone, leaves, water, skin, hair, whatever, in a fairly simple
scene, self-contained, not unlike Tek's recent "artistic water".

I'm not sure how good an idea this is, but I thought it would be a cool
way to showcase POV, showing off its strengths relative to more
model-oriented renderers.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     "That's pretty. Where is it?"