POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My first PoV Anim! : Re: Version 2 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 00:09:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Version 2
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 12 Nov 2006 17:57:38
Message: <4557a6e2$1@news.povray.org>
> > why is every second frame identical to its previous frame?
>
>     Is it? How are you seeing this Zeger?

Well, I actually watched it frame by frame using media player classic after
seeing in the properties that it truly was 24fps (it didn't look like it :))

> Heh, I've just watched it spin
> about 50-60 times and I can't see what you mean. I spotted that there is
> still a glitch between the last and the first frames though, (as Stephen
> pointed out with my previous anim), but I think this is because I had it set
> at 8 fps which produced a file at about 700-800kb's, and OE wouldn't let me
> post it because the end file size was over 100,000 bytes(?!) - so I upped
> the frame rate to 12 fps and dropped the file size.

that's the problem: your frame rate is set to 12fps, but that's accomplished by
doubling each frame.  You should actually render twice the amount of frames for
a slower animation, and *always* use 24 or 25 fps, for a smooth animation

> > nice animation though :)
>
>    Thank you Zeger. You wouldn't believe how much I enjoyed playing with
> animation. I think I'm hooked.  :o)

it's fun animating stuff, isn't it :)
can't wait untill I have a Core 2 Quad computer and POV-Ray 3.7, cause things
are getting really slow now :-/

>     I know I have a lot to learn...

haven't we all :)

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;