POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My first PoV Anim! : Re: My first PoV Anim! Server Time
1 Jul 2024 23:59:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first PoV Anim!
From: St
Date: 12 Nov 2006 15:34:12
Message: <45578544$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> "Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message

>> > In Settings, Video Tab, you can change the Frame Rate.
>>
>>     Ah, found it, thanks.
>>

>> > The other way is to increase the number of frames you output from
>> > Pov:-)
>>
>>     Yes, I've noticed that. I'm using 50 frames at the moment, is this
>> number fairly standard for a short? I tried with 20 frames, and I can't
>> seem
>> to get it looking smooth.
>
> I generally decide how long I want the animation to last then work out the
> number of frames needed. Discover the size is too big then see what I can
> get away with. 25 fps is good but sometimes you can get away with 15 fps.
> lot depends on what movement there is between frames. It's suck it and see
> I'm afraid.

Yes, I often use the anology of; "If I hit a bum note on my guitar, I will
know it, and the tune will be ruined. If it sounds great, then I'm on the
right tracks."

   :o)

>> > Did you set Cyclic_Animation = 1 or +KC because there looks like a
>> > stutter
>> > between the last and first frames.
>>
>>     You're right, +KC sorted it. What do you think of version 2?
>
> I like it, it's smooth. The gold looks more like white gold to me though.

    I've heard this before with one of the commissions that I'm making. I
think this is my colour blindness kicking in... I'm using Pink as the base
colour for the metal (which is correct for rose gold), but then adjust it so
that it looks like the metal that I work with, (to me).

    Maybe I should saturate the colours a little?

     ~Steve~