POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : simple pov object files for application icons : Re: simple pov object files for application icons Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: simple pov object files for application icons
From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 11 Nov 2006 04:20:35
Message: <455595e3$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Stefan!

Although I know these sites already (they are rather
prominent links from www.povray.org), thanks for
the concern about terms of the authors and the hint
on min/max_extent().

Already used these for finetuning my set of camera
and light for the objects.

I used it  in conjunction with the floppy disk you can
download at
http://objects.povworld.org/cat/Electronics/Computer/
(unknown author, no terms of usage).

I slightly changed the disk, but this will work with
the original download:

-----

#version 3.6;

#include "colors.inc"
#include "textures.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

// your simple object here
// (should fit into this 1 unit box):
#declare simpleobjecttemp=
object{#include"floppy.inc" translate<0,-10,0> rotate<180,0,180>}

#declare objsizevector= max_extent(simpleobjecttemp)-min_extent(simpleobjecttemp);
#declare objmiddle = max_extent(simpleobjecttemp)/2+min_extent(simpleobjecttemp)/2;

#declare simpleobject=
object{simpleobjecttemp translate -objmiddle scale sqrt(3)/vlength(objsizevector)}

// please just slight changes here.
// same (and simple) camera and
// lightning for any icon
// to make them look equal.

// render with a square resolution
// eg 128x128 AA 0.1
// command line options:
// +UA +FN8 +KFI1 +KFF21
// (using only pics 01 to 20 for animation)

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1
  max_trace_level 5
}

camera
  {
    perspective
    location <0,0,-5>
    look_at <0,0,0>
    right .4*x
    up .4*y
    sky y
  }

light_source
  {
    <-2.5,2.5,-1>, rgb 1
  }

background {rgbt <0,0,0,1>}

object {simpleobject rotate<0,clock*360,0> }

-----

Bye, Olaf.