POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ideas for POVRAY : Re: Ideas for POVRAY Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ideas for POVRAY
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Nov 2006 03:43:51
Message: <45543bc7@news.povray.org>
"JS" <bos### [at] yahoocouk> schreef in bericht
> What do you think? Just change the rotation values (upparm_r, forarm_r,
> and
> hand_r) and everything moves accordingly. Is this inverse or forward
> kinematics, or have I got the whole idea wrong? Oh, and please excuse my
> bad coding but I prefer to get something working first and then worry
> about
> whether it's badly written or not.

Well... I think it is forward kinematics, as transmission of rotation starts
at the shoulder and ends at the hand. It works ok by the way.
I shall post in p.b.scene-files your scene code and my own from the right
arm, as it is generated by Moray. Be aware that in Moray, the z-axis is
up!!! At the end, I transformed the arm to POV-Ray coordinates. You will see
that rotations start at the wrist and work up to the shoulder.

Hope this helps!!

Thomas