POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ideas for POVRAY : Re: Ideas for POVRAY Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ideas for POVRAY
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Nov 2006 03:27:28
Message: <4552e670@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4552c04eedb96be92f60260@news.povray.org...
> JS, That sounds like foward kinimatics...  IK is like when you control the
> hand position of your maniquin and your code figures out the propper
> angles
> and positions for the upper and lower arms.

Not necessarily, if the different objects are nested correctly. From
experience I learned that it is often easier to rotate the objects
individually to get exactly what you want. Applying IK directly (on a hand
for instance) results sometimes in unwanted response from the rest of the
body, especially if you do that in real time like in Moray, or in Poser.

Thomas