POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ideas for POVRAY : Re: Ideas for POVRAY Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ideas for POVRAY
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Nov 2006 03:59:03
Message: <45519c57$1@news.povray.org>
"JS" <bos### [at] yahoocouk> schreef in bericht
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I am working on two main projects using POVRAY and wonder as to those who
> would be interested in them. [...]
> The second, of which I have already almost completed, is a fully
> articulated mannequin, ideal for animations or just still poses. I would
> appreciate comments, help or suggestions for either project, thank you.

Years ago, I built a couple of them myself (male + female) in Moray, using
inverse kinematics for posing the mannequin. They are very useful in Moray
for building scenes or just for the fun of it. However, they are not very
efficient when used directly in POV-Ray because of the scene file structure
generated by Moray.
I am curious about how you make posing easy and efficient in POV-Ray.

Thomas