POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Testing real-time raytracing : Re: Testing real-time raytracing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing real-time raytracing
From: scott
Date: 7 Nov 2006 11:41:17
Message: <4550b72d$1@news.povray.org>
> For those interested, please visit http://www.povray.org/beta/rtr/
>
> It's not very well tested (only on the systems I had available to
> me), so YMMV. Expect it to have some rough edges. Please report
> issues here.

The test scenes crashed POV because I had no video capture device installed
(changing the pigment to something other than video capture works fine).
Just installed my webcam and works ok now.  If I unplug the webcam it
crashes again with access violation.

How difficult would it be to provide the output from the RTR as another
"video" device within windows?  Could allow you to use POV as a sort of
video processor and allow cool effects for using your webcam within MSN
messenger and so on.