POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : simple pov object files for application icons : simple pov object files for application icons Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  simple pov object files for application icons
From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 6 Nov 2006 15:12:22
Message: <454f9726$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

this newsgroups seems to be the most active.
I used Povray from time to time sparsely
but within about the last 15 years.

But I never made up a collection of
even simples objects.

Now I would have a use for the simplest
object: I recently searched for icons I could
use for applications, but all you find these days
is those typical aqua style icons. I'm a bit
fed up of those, although they look nice.

I'd guess there should be huge amounts
of simple objects as .pov object files that
could be used to create application icons.

Instead of static icons I would imagine
animated icons. eg a floppy disk as icon for
a "save" button, and the floppy comes a little
bit to the foreground and rotates, if one
moves the mouse over that icon.

I can't see the wood for the trees,there
are many links from povray.org alone and
some povray webrings etc. But can someone
point me to some set of simple object .pov
files, which would fit for my purpose?

Objects should be recognizable rendered
at 32x32 pixels size and so should have little
details. I'm gladly taking any object, some
things always usable are:

book (for online help)
floppy disk (for save)
folder (for open/load)
recycle bin (for delete)
magnifier (for search)
play/pause/stop/ff/rew (video/music player controls)
globe (www access)
simple face/faces (for user account setup)
whatever

Thanks for any input.

Bye, Olaf.