POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Testing real-time raytracing : Re: Testing real-time raytracing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing real-time raytracing
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Nov 2006 11:05:06
Message: <454b68b2$1@news.povray.org>
Gave that a try and it rendered at half frame per second with a Pentium 4-M
2.0 GHz.

I had to see it going faster so I changed to a tiny resolution of 40x30 and
saw it doing 30+ FPS. Not easy to see but great to watch it animate in "real
time".

Makes a person dream of previewed scenes while broswing through files. What
chance would there be of parsing files and saving a renderable state ready
for preview?