POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models : Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow artifacts in converted Daz models
From: FlyerX
Date: 2 Nov 2006 18:56:04
Message: <454a8594$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>> I tried a point light and still could not reproduce.
>
>   See if you can reproduce the problem by scaling the model down a lot
> before exporting it (so that the vertex values being exported are very
> small). The best theory so far is that this is what is causing the
> problem.

I tried 0.1% scale and worked properly. At 0.001% most of the triangles
were missing. But this does not match the original image from Bill where
the shadow is broken but the model seems complete. For such large gaps
the model would have visible tears in the mesh. Maybe is the small image
and I can't see them.

For DAZ|Studio export the default Bryce preset should be used. Although
I did not remember to update the PoseRay manual with the new DAZ Studio
export dialog it does mention to export as a Bryce object.

FlyerX