POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : parameters in Povray : Re: parameters in Povray Server Time
1 Jun 2024 07:03:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parameters in Povray
From: Warp
Date: 30 Oct 2006 06:29:25
Message: <4545e215@news.povray.org>
marabou <not### [at] availableyet> wrote:
> povray +pv +w 640 +h 480 +i inputfile.pov +o outputfile.png

> I often use command expandation by tabs. If some would take away my
> expandation I would throw away my PC. ;-)

  I don't understand what do you need command "expandation" there,
except for the input file name, which you can give to povray without
the +i anyways.

  Put the default command-line parameters, those which you always use,
in ~/.povray/3.6/povray.ini and the rest is rather easy to write in
the command line, like this:

povray inp<tab> -w640 -h480 +a

  Since you are using filename expansion, you probably are using command
history too, so to repeat that command just press the up arrow until
it appears.

--
                                                          - Warp