POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My hat is off to all of you! : Re: My hat is off to all of you! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My hat is off to all of you!
From: Jim Charter
Date: 30 Oct 2006 01:37:16
Message: <45459d9c@news.povray.org>
Dan Farmer wrote:
> Hello.  Some of you may know me, some of you may not.

By reputation only.  Hello, glad to finally "meet" you.

> I doubt that I will ever get back to creating my own scenes.

You are before my time but even many of the great artist that were
current when I first discovered this have also moved on.  Saddens me,
because in a way we do this for each other.  But I, as well as anyone,
know the feeling of an interest having run its course.

  I'd have to
> start back at square #1, and there are now so many new squares on this
> checkerboard now!

Yes but that *vision*, that knowledge of what looks right, that is the
precious and portable thing, more than the technical wizardry.  The
enduring appeal of your stuff, done with relatively few tools, proves it.

  Still,  looking at what you've all done with what David
> started, and Drew, Chris, and so many others continued has been a very rare
> and precious experience.

It continues to excite.  Expecially when I see the youger guys taking up
the torch.

  And I must also thank Chris Cason.  He has taken
> this project to places we never dreamed of.   Thanks, buddy!

I never feel his contribution is given adequate accord.

-Jim Charter