POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Polygon masking possibility? : Re: Polygon masking possibility? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polygon masking possibility?
From: Vaclav Cermak
Date: 28 Oct 2006 07:00:16
Message: <45433840@news.povray.org>
But then there is no need to have high max_trace_level at all, this can
lead to faster rendering of other parts of the scene.

I don't know POV internal structure well, but probably you are right,
POV must first determine, if the ray intersects that polygon and then
look, if the polygon is transparent at the intersection point or not.
But all overhead caused by need of shooting new ray is removed (I don't
know, how much it is, can be saved some work with etc bounding??).

V.