POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Imagemap sharing? : Re: Imagemap sharing? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:27:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Imagemap sharing?
From: Penelope20k
Date: 27 Oct 2006 05:22:58
Message: <4541cff2$1@news.povray.org>
In fact its normal cause you place a number of polygon with texture ..
you will be able to reduce memory usage by grouping all polygons of same
texture , then applying the texture on them ..

for exemple:
instead of doing that

#declare index=0;
#while(index<1000)   object {my_polygone   texture {my_texture}}  #declare
index=index+1; #end

which use a lot of memory (cause texture is loaded each time) you should do
that
#declare index=0;   union {    #while(index<1000)  object {my_polygon}
#declare index=index+1;#end       texture {my_texture} }