POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request: Native support for HSL color space : Re: Feature request: Native support for HSL color space Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:19:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request: Native support for HSL color space
From: Tim Attwood
Date: 21 Oct 2006 23:21:29
Message: <453ae3b9$1@news.povray.org>
> I would like to request that POV-Ray natively support color spaces other
> than RGB (namely HSL) without having to use conversion formulas and all
> that.
There's macros in colors.inc for that...
CHSL2RGB( )

I'm not sure what syntax you would sugest, you'd need a
hsl keyword similar to rgb?
pigment {color hsl <1,1,1>} // like this?

I don't care for the look of CHSL2RGB() but it can
be redefined
#macro hsl(A) CHSL2RGB(A) #end
Then you'd end up with
pigment {color hsl(<1,1,1>)}