POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? : Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:04:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 20 Oct 2006 11:00:59
Message: <4538e4ab$1@news.povray.org>
> And this is for me the wrong way, because I have more than 400 pov-files
> to render and will not change everyone from the 400 pov-file.

	Well, if your 400 pov files follow a similar pattern to define the
background color and light sources, then I see no problem in scripting
the change.
	Moreover, in such a case, it might be even better to write a single,
so-called "template" pov file where you define the general scene settings
(camera, background, lights, ...) and within it #include another file that
is modified sequentially to create your 400 different scenes. You'd then
render this unique pov file using e.g. the built-in animation and shellout
features.  That would still require some (automatic) file editing though.

	- NC