POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? : Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? Server Time
17 May 2024 04:01:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible?
From: Warp
Date: 20 Oct 2006 10:06:01
Message: <4538d7c8@news.povray.org>
Olaf I. <ola### [at] ewetelnet> wrote:
> You mean I should the part under "in thefile.ini:" in my ini-file and the
> part under "in thefile.pov:", right?
> But this is exactly what i not will!
> I will only change the ini-file!!!
> Not the pov.file!

  You mean that you have an existing .pov file and that you want to change
its contents without actually editing it?
  Well, that's of course just impossible. You have to modify *something*
in the .pov file if you want to be able to control its behaviour from
outside.

  The bare minimun addition you have to make into the .pov file is to
add an #include line which includes a secondary .inc file, one which
you can modify at will (assuming that for whatever reason you can't
modify the original .pov file any more than that).

  If you absolutely *can't* modify the original .pov file, then it's just
not possible.

--
                                                          - Warp