POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : grass blowing in the wind : Re: grass blowing in the wind Server Time
1 Jul 2024 23:26:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: grass blowing in the wind
From: Tek
Date: 17 Oct 2006 11:56:22
Message: <4534fd26$1@news.povray.org>
Rendering time wasn't great 'cause I need high anti-alias settings and the
scene takes a few seconds to parse, so it took about 7 hours for 200 frames.
Not ideal but certainly useable.

The problem with flying past is that the area is relatively small, what
looks like the crest of a hill is actually the limits of the grassy area
I've created, so when I rigged up a version that would move that area with
the camera (so we never get closer to the far edge as we fly through the
field) you can really badly see ground popping in at that distance. To hide
this effect I'd need many times more grass, which would make it render many
times slower... sigh...

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com