POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) : Re: something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:08:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 13 Oct 2006 17:58:57
Message: <45300c21$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUS### [at] gmxnetWARE> wrote in message
> Yeah, "do it yourself" is something I enjoy as well. It's just that when
> you put a lot of effort into creating a system stable and versatile
> enough so that others might benefit, it's kinda sad to see that no one
> seems to use em. :-( Then again, Povers are often all about "do it
> yourself", so maybe I'm just aiming at the wrong market. :-P

hmm, that's why I'm just making stuff for myself :)  then at least I know the
target-audience will use it :)

> Hm, might be that the word "particle" isn't around on my page often
> enough... Google also has this weighting algorithm, so I guess Chris
> Colefax' site might be old, but is linked enough to be of weight, Rune's
> is well spread as well, just look at the various other images that have
> made use of his includes and thus link to him.
> I'm guessing that I'm probably well-bookmarked (around 6000 visitors a
> day), but badly linked, then add the missing usage of the word
> "particle" and bingo, I'm lost on page 2... Like I said, I need a better
> marketing strategy. Eh, I'll guess I'll put the word "particle" a dozen
> of times on the page where the system will be downloadable... I'm
> revamping my site, so that shouldn't be a problem. ;-)

I'm not sure if just adding the word "particle" a couple of times will really
help :)
being linked to seems to be far more effective !

:) a while ago, if you used the image search on google to search for "atoombom"
(which means nuclear bomb in Dutch), the first hit was my nuclear explosion
image :)
so, I accomplished something in my life, I suppose :p

oh well, googleranking, it still confuses me :)

oh, take a look at that! apparently I'm the first hit again ! :)

cu! :)
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;