POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) : Re: something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 13 Oct 2006 17:21:51
Message: <4530036f$1@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>> Looks nice, especially that fiery animation is great, care to share the
>> particle's setup (I'm guessing discs with a neatly animated pigment)?
>
> tnx :)
>
> yes, the fire and smoke are just discs using these macros as a pigment:
SNIP
> (something like that :))

Thanks, that'll be worth looking into (I always like to toy around with
procedural textures). :-)

> hmm, sounds interesting and worth checking out !
> let's see :p
>
> hmm, looks good! I like the particle-splitting-on-collision-feature :) I'm thinking
about how to add that to my system :p

Yeah, "do it yourself" is something I enjoy as well. It's just that when
you put a lot of effort into creating a system stable and versatile
enough so that others might benefit, it's kinda sad to see that no one
seems to use em. :-( Then again, Povers are often all about "do it
yourself", so maybe I'm just aiming at the wrong market. :-P

>> I guess I have to be more offensive about my Include-Files. I need a
>> better marketing concept...
>
> hmm, dunno
> but, let's do some google-testing:
SNIP

Hm, might be that the word "particle" isn't around on my page often
enough... Google also has this weighting algorithm, so I guess Chris
Colefax' site might be old, but is linked enough to be of weight, Rune's
is well spread as well, just look at the various other images that have
made use of his includes and thus link to him.
I'm guessing that I'm probably well-bookmarked (around 6000 visitors a
day), but badly linked, then add the missing usage of the word
"particle" and bingo, I'm lost on page 2... Like I said, I need a better
marketing strategy. Eh, I'll guess I'll put the word "particle" a dozen
of times on the page where the system will be downloadable... I'm
revamping my site, so that shouldn't be a problem. ;-)

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"