POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) : something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 13 Oct 2006 14:19:34
Message: <452fd8b6@news.povray.org>
I call it a "Particlesystem" ! :)

no, seriously.  I had to make my own particlesystem, because apparently
there's no way to randomize Rune's particle-system (the variable
particle_seed is never used, you might want to look into that, Rune :))
and I couldn't just change it in his code or I would have to release it
under the GPL, which I don't like (GPL is like a virus: everything that
uses something that has it, becomes a GPL'ed thing itself).

So, the basic principles are the same as in every particle-system: you
have a particle-emitter which, you'll probably never guess, emits
particles! :)  those particles have a starting speed and are affected by
outside forces, like gravity.  There's also a possibility to add an
environment, and as you can see in this animation, it's also possible to
let the particles "flow" along the surface of the environment.  It has
no particle-particle interaction, so it's impossible to accurately model
fluids with it, but as you can see here, it can produce fluidlike
animations :)

As with all my include files, it's not yet finished and maybe never will
be :-/
it all depends on how much demand there is for yet another particle
system.

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'particlesystem.m1v.mpg' (469 KB)