POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition number 4 : Re: Posting public WIPs Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posting public WIPs
From: Pete Hurst
Date: 12 Oct 2006 23:01:18
Message: <452f017e$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> I apologise for causing such controversy. I usually post my IRTC WIPs for
> suggestions just to guage opinion on what people think of the work and I
> have previously posted WIPs for earlier rounds of the SCC, it didn't occur
> to me that this would be any different. I thought this was a perfect
> opportunity to invite discussion of some syntactical trickery in POV, though
> I grant you it does contravene the anonymity rule.

I think it will improve the overall quality of the competition, and is
therefore a good thing. Not everyone likes to reveal their work so soon,
and that's fine. Tek's post is probably of more help to people with less
knowledge than Tek himself, since he is only gaining a few pointers
whereas anyone who studies his code could glean all kinds of insights.
Also I think having a few early tasters just builds the anticipation...

Pete