POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition number 4 : Re: Short code competition number 4 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code competition number 4
From: Pete Hurst
Date: 12 Oct 2006 22:51:29
Message: <452eff31$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:
>>> Probably a stupid question, but.... we can submit more than one entry,  right?
>>   I hope so.
>
> I have no problem with multiple entries as long as they are each distinctly
> different.
> On the other hand lets not go crazy .... lets say a maximum of 4 per person?
> Everyone happy with that?

Can I ask how "disctinctly different" is defined ...?

For instance I've made two scenes which are both based on the same
(well, slightly modified) function. One uses it for a density map
whereas the other uses it for an isosurface ... however both are very
spherical shapes, but still look very different. I'm not sure whether I
even want to submit both, but for clarity would the rule be here?