POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Saving as png : Re: Saving as png Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving as png
From: Warp
Date: 12 Oct 2006 07:46:11
Message: <452e2b03@news.povray.org>
POVGroup <zor### [at] brefemailcom> wrote:
> i'm curently using povray 3.5, and when i create scene the render generates
> a .bmp image..which satisfy me till someone told me that it is possible to
> create png files with transparent background (the white of my scene will be
> fully transparent) ..

  Use the command-line parameter +fn (if you are using the Windows version
you can put that in the command-line parameter field, which is at the right
of the resolution dropdown menu on the top of the application).
  If you want to make this change permanent, put that option at the end
of the main povray.ini file (there's a shortcut to edit that file in the
tools menu).

  To switch the alpha channel on, use +ua.
  (I don't recommend writing this to the master .ini file because then
it would be *always* calculated. Better just put it in the command-line
field when you want it to be used.)

  Note, however, that if I remember correctly POV-Ray 3.5 doesn't calculate
the transparency correctly when using antialiasing, semitransparent objects
nor media. You'll have to upgrade to 3.6 for them to work properly.

--
                                                          - Warp