POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 2-pass radiosity - alot of artifacts : Re: 2-pass radiosity - alot of artifacts Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:13:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2-pass radiosity - alot of artifacts
From: Verm
Date: 11 Oct 2006 06:49:04
Message: <452ccc20$1@news.povray.org>
motorsep wrote:
> I am so frustrated :(
That's what you get for using radiosity.
> I have tried everything and I still get terrible image with artifacts. I
> don't know why :( Maybe it has to do with geometry in my scene or scale.. I
> don't know.
> I would appreciate if somebody could take my scene and look into it and tell
> what do I do wrong, please.

If you rendered the room at night, with a light inside the room it would
be far easier. It's a cheat but you'd get a nice image with just the
default pov radiosity settings and an indoor light.

At the moment (apart from a very small patch of floor) your scene is
only lit by radiosity.

Remember that increasing the error_bound makes it smoother, so if it
looks blotchy increase the error bound.

Is this render ok?
(apart from the exposure as I've not got megapov)
http://www.thirteen.dynu.com/~martin/pov/test_pass1.jpg

All I did was render the first pass at 160*120 and then increase your
2nd stage error bound to 0.8

The other issue with your lighting is the room seems to be floating in
mid air, if you added a ground plane then you'd have less light hitting
your ceiling from outside.