POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface in mirror : Re: isosurface in mirror Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface in mirror
From: Urs Holzer
Date: 10 Oct 2006 12:53:37
Message: <452bd011@news.povray.org>
marabou wrote:

> hello,
>
> currently I render a scene with an isosurface and a mirror showing
> that isosurface. isosurface is created like:
> difference{
> object { isosurface1_containedby_box }
> object {
> isosurface2_containedby_box
> translate y*-value
> }
> rotate x*90
> }
> the result is a nearly planar surface.
> the mirror has reflection 0.8.
> [...]

Could you give us the code (i.e. the function) of the isosurfaces? Could
you also post an image of one of those isosurfaces (without using CSG)?
Probably someone can then see the problem.
I don't know much about isosurfaces. So I make now a last guess about
what could be the problem and then I'll give up: Some functions are
bad, because they have infinite max_gradient. POV-Ray won't detect
that. But it should report high max_gradient values, so this is rather
not the case.

Good luck in solving the problem!