POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : new include files : Re: new include files Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new include files
From: Alain
Date: 9 Oct 2006 11:44:35
Message: <452a6e63$1@news.povray.org>
StudioArete nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 08/10/2006 10:37:
> I created some declarations which I would like to use as a part of include
> file.
> When I created new include, the PovRay does not uses it.  The same
> declaration, when added to existing include works just fine.  What
> modifications are required to make PovRay to recognize new include files?

There are 2 main places where you should place your *.inc files.
  - In the same folder as your scene OR
  - with all other includes in the include folder
If you place your's in one of those places, then POV-Ray will automaticaly find
and use it.

Also, are you using #local or #declare?
Any #local will only exist inside the included file and will be invisible from
your main scene file.

--
Alain
How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?