POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent object is black : Re: Transparent object is black Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent object is black
From: Alain
Date: 9 Oct 2006 11:20:02
Message: <452a68a2@news.povray.org>
robart nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 09/10/2006 06:35:
> I only have a single sphere to which I applied the Glass texture and it just
> appears as black. I've followed other "transparent object" tutorials and
> they appeared as black too. I've tried raising max_trace_level but that
> didn't help.
>
> /////////////////////////////
> #include "colors.inc"
> #include "textures.inc"
>
> light_source {
>   <0, 25, 5>
>   color White
> }
>

> camera {
>   location <0, 0,-2>
>   look_at  <0, 0, 0>
> }
>
> global_settings {
>   ambient_light
> //  max_trace_level 100
> }
>
> background {
>   Gray80
> }
>
> sphere {
>   0, 0.5
>   texture {
>     Glass
>   }
> }
> In case it's useful, I'm using Version 3.6 on WinXP SP2.

Do you have changed the quality setting? Set that to low and transparency are
ignored and tend to render dark or black.
ambient_light in global_settings is used to change the overall tint of the
ambient part of the finish, usualy beter not to use at all.

--
Alain
Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.