POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Transparent object is black : Re: Transparent object is black Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transparent object is black
From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 9 Oct 2006 09:37:33
Message: <452a509d@news.povray.org>
robart wrote:

>I only have a single sphere to which I applied the Glass texture and it just
>appears as black. I've followed other "transparent object" tutorials and
>they appeared as black too. I've tried raising max_trace_level but that
>didn't help.
>
>/////////////////////////////
>#include "colors.inc"
>#include "textures.inc"
>
>light_source {
>  <0, 25, 5>
>  color White
>}
>

>camera {
>  location <0, 0,-2>
>  look_at  <0, 0, 0>
>}
>
>global_settings {
>  ambient_light
>//  max_trace_level 100
>}
>
>background {
>  Gray80
>}
>
>sphere {
>  0, 0.5
>  texture {
>    Glass
>  }
>}
>//////////////////////
>In case it's useful, I'm using Version 3.6 on WinXP SP2.

This is off-topic for your question, but I notice that you have
"ambient_light" without any color value in your global_settings.  Were
you perhaps trying to adjust the overall brightness of your scene?  If
that's the case, you might need to use "assumed_gamma" instead.  (On my
PC, for example, scenes tend to come out much too dark unless I use
"assumed_gamma 1.0" or thereabouts.)

Hope this is of some use!

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+