POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Media artifacts, help needed! : Re: Media artifacts, help needed! Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:41:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media artifacts, help needed!
From: Alain
Date: 3 Oct 2006 21:21:25
Message: <45230c95$1@news.povray.org>
Random Pete nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 03/10/2006 09:52:
> Thanks for your suggestions, I'll let you know if I have any luck!
>
> The media objects in question are
>  - isosurface {f_poly4(x,y,z,0,1,-1,0,0)}  (a double-ended curved spike)
>  - torus
>  - sphere
>
> There are many isosurfaces and torii in the scene, and one central sphere.
> Artifacts are most prevalent where the isosurfaces are in front of the
> sphere; however there are many elsewhere and (having looked at it again)
> not necessarily where objects are in front of one another.
>
> I'm rendering in MegaPOV since a bug in POV 3.6 (relating to spline
> functions being passed to macros) often causes the scene to fail to parse.

Try adding "all_intersection" to the isosurface.
Try adding no_shadow to the containers.
If a container is an union, try changing it to a merge.
Try adding "jitter 0" or "jitter off" to the media.
Try changing the number of samples.

--
Alain
"Sure, everyone's in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it into

Did you know that Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.