POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Whiten" an image_map? : "Whiten" an image_map? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  "Whiten" an image_map?
From: How Camp
Date: 3 Oct 2006 11:09:32
Message: <45227d2c$1@news.povray.org>
Maybe this is blindingly obvious, but I can't seem to see through the
problem.  I've got an image_map applied to an object, but the colors are
coming out too dim.  My 'white' isn't as white as I'd like.  So... how do I
essentially set the image_map color range to be > 1?  Normally, with a solid
pigment color, you'd just write:  pigment {color rgb <1,1,1>*3} or some
such.  But how is this to be done with image_maps?

The code looks something like this:

#declare WhiteTex =
texture {
  pigment {
    image_map {
      jpeg "mywhitepic.jpg"
      map_type 1
    }
  }
}

#declare MyTransMat =
material {
  texture {
    image_pattern { jpeg "mytransparentmask.jpg" use_alpha map_type 1}
    texture_map {
      [0 WhiteTex ]
      [1 pigment { transmit 1 } ]
    }