POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water bug (41kb) : water bug (41kb) Server Time
4 May 2024 23:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  water bug (41kb)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 2 Oct 2006 19:43:41
Message: <4521a42d@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone, just wanted to share this image I came up with. The
creature was modeled with LightWave and rendered in two passes with POV.

The first pass was rendered in 31 minutes, 54 seconds using POV-Sub (the
subdivision surface patch). This allowed me to keep the initial mesh
object very small, thus saving hard-disk space (parsing might have even
been faster, too).

The second pass was rendered 11 minutes, 7 seconds with the official
version of POV. This added the glare effect you see coming off the
creature's head.

My initial attempt at rendering this in LightWave was a little
disappointing, because there is no good-looking SSS shader for the
version I use.

Comments always welcome....

~Sam

P.S. The file for the glare effect is available upon request.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'waterbug.jpg' (41 KB)

Preview of image 'waterbug.jpg'