POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Light_group & no_shadow : Re: Light_group & no_shadow Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:13:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light_group & no_shadow
From: gonzo
Date: 30 Sep 2006 21:55:40
Message: <451f201c$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

>  I only change the
> global_settings ambient if I want to tint the ambient of the scene.
> Acording to the documentations, it's the primary reason you have that.

That's what I was doing... I had it at rgb <.438,.212,.098>.  Actually,
I probably should have seen the problem sooner but I never got far
enough with radiosity to see the lamp :-/  Radiosity + area lights was
waaaay too slow. It ran all night and was only on line 16.

Without the radiosity it just finished rendering after 19hrs 21min 32sec.

RG