POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Little benchmark... : Re: Little benchmark... Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:10:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Little benchmark...
From: Warp
Date: 29 Sep 2006 19:45:06
Message: <451db001@news.povray.org>
S?awomir Szczyrba <cre### [at] ofthenight> wrote:
>  8: -O3 -march=pentium4 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -malign-double  \
>     -minline-all-stringops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer \
>     -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations -foptimize-sibling-calls

  According to my own tests some of those options actually slow down
POV-Ray instead of speeding it up. Adding a new optimization option does
not always mean that the binary will be faster.

  My own experiments show that this combination gives the fastest binary,
at least in a pentium4:

-O3 -march=pentium4 -ffast-math -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -funroll-loops
  -ftsp-ordering

--
                                                          - Warp