POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car in HDRI Environment : Re: Car in HDRI Environment Server Time
3 May 2024 05:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car in HDRI Environment
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 25 Sep 2006 12:50:41
Message: <451808e1$1@news.povray.org>
I think Flyerx had a small tutorial on it.
http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/
Poke around..

The idea was that you take a plane and give a
almost transperant texture. That way it will recieve
shadows but also interact with the back ground.

In other software packages like 3ds Max and so on
you have something called a matte material.
This material can cast and recieve shadows and so on
but otherwise it doesn't interfear with the scene in
any way. Quite useful. That is one way they incorporate
CG with live shots like in Starwars e t c.

Stefan