POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code contest : Re: Short code contest Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code contest
From: Raf256
Date: 24 Sep 2006 20:06:53
Message: <45171d9d@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke <web.45167b93e2218d9685a114a40@news.povray.org> Sunday 24 of
September 2006 14:36

> Any interest in another short code contest?
> The last one was over 2 years ago
>    http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/rendering/scc3/
> I wondered about adding a new twist to make it harder .... under 256 bytes
> and use only spheres. I'm up to organising it if there is sufficient
> interest.
> http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/

I liked the previous SCC :) even if I didnt won any place :/

I have other interesting (perhaps idea) - only 127 bytes, BUT allow a list
of shortucts.

like

#macro s sphere #end
#macro b box #end
#macro p pigment #end

and so on (1 letter for most common, 2 letter for less common tokens)

and the list file is downloadable from SCC site and do not count

the
#include "scc_tokens.inc" do not count, so the file itself will be for
example

128 + 26 bytes

and it will be like

D{b{1,-1}s{0,1}s{x,1}}

meaning

difference { box { 1,-1 } sphere { 0,1 } sphere { x,1} }

--

Cytat tygodnia: