POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code contest : Re: Short code contest Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code contest
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 24 Sep 2006 17:25:34
Message: <4516f7ce@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> Any interest in another short code contest?

Hey, I would do my best to participate in this one... it sounds like
fun! Now, if I get to have internet access for that long.... that's
another issue /:-o

> The last one was over 2 years ago
>    http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/rendering/scc3/
> I wondered about adding a new twist to make it harder .... under 256 bytes
> and use only spheres. I'm up to organising it if there is sufficient
> interest.

The spheres limitation might be too extreme. I always thought part of
the excitement around the short code contest was that you could make
complex scenes in POV without using a large amount of HD space....

~Sam