POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : 3D Mesh Painting Software : Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software Server Time
14 May 2024 15:49:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Mesh Painting Software
From: St
Date: 24 Sep 2006 05:04:58
Message: <45164a3a$1@news.povray.org>
"stubbe" <joe### [at] yahoocouk> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> "stubbe" <joe### [at] yahoocouk> wrote in message
>> > Woops it's me again. I found a video tutorial. Texture painting
>> > directly
>> > into the mesh can actually done in blender also.
>> >
>> > http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=504685405415690540&q
>>

>>       ....and I thought Wings was confusing.   :oO

> Wings is far simpler than other softwares out there.

    Oh, I know it is, it's a great tool. I think the problem with Wings uv
mapping is that there are 'so' many ways to do it, and after reading several
different tuts on how to do it, people seem to have their own preferences. I
guess the best way to learn it is to grab a sphere and try *everything*.

Blender itself aren't
> that confusng. The workflow seem to be irregular, but once you grab it
> you'll work faster even than on commercial softwares.

     I can quite believe that, but I think I'll just try and master Wings
for now. :o)

   Also, I think Wings will be greatly improved over the next couple of
years. (Hope so, anyway).

   Thanks for that link btw, it was certainly 'enlightening'.

     ~Steve~