POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : object media / spotlight aberration : Re: object media / spotlight aberration Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:12:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: object media / spotlight aberration
From: Alain
Date: 23 Sep 2006 11:28:25
Message: <45155299$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 23/09/2006 04:20:
> I changed your little scene a bit, just to make it more intuitive for me.
> I don't know what happens, but it has to do imo with the relative, combined
> positions of camera, media sphere, and spotlight. I don't think that the
> spotlight code itself is the culprit. Try this with the scene below, only
> switching the camera z-position between -70 (no aberration) and -80
> (aberration in one of the spheres).
>
> Thomas

With the camera at -70 the media spheres are both outside the line of sight to
the spot_light cone.
Placing the camera at 0*x and one of the spheres at <0,20,-63> and the aberation
apears. At that location the sphere is in front of where the light encounter the
ground and should NOT have any interaction with the spot_light, as the light has
been completely intercepted by the ground. The sphere is also way in front of
the spot_light cone. It may be some aberation in the spot_light code.
In my view, it's a bug.

--
Alain
No matter how good she looks,