POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Strange birds : Re: Strange birds Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange birds
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Sep 2006 07:34:23
Message: <45151bbf$1@news.povray.org>
RusHHouR wrote:
> Ok, so if I got this right.. i need a new row for every time the clock
> increases with one? Like this?
>
> #declare BatMover = clock*12;
> #while (BatMover >= 1) #declare BatMover = BatMover-1; #end
> #while (BatMover >= 2) #declare BatMover = BatMover-2; #end
> #while (BatMover >= 3) #declare BatMover = BatMover-3; #end
>
> etc?

Nope, that's not needed. The while-loop will loop as long as BatMover is
larger than 1, and if so, it will subtract 1. Once BatMover is smaller
than 1, it stops. So it's just the first line that's needed.
So, while BatMover initially runs from 0 to 12, whenever it gets larger
than 1, the while-loop will subtract one and thus BatMover runs from 0
to 1 twelve times over.

Regards,
Tim

--